Teamwork Helps Pave the Way to Better Control
Each partner in the continuum of diabetes care plays a crucial role in facilitating the kinds of behavioral change in patients that can lead to better health management. This section explains how an integrated approach to care can ultimately result in better control over diabetes on both an individual and aggregate level.
- Role of Health Plans discusses the important part health plans can play in encouraging plan members to take control over their type 2 diabetes. It also discusses how plans can support diabetes management through patient education and outreach efforts.
- Role of Physicians reviews key opportunities health care providers have to discuss all aspects of diabetes management with patients. It also provides advice on steps physicians can take to encourage healthy behavior among patients.
- Role of Merck summarizes our dedication and commitment to advancing diabetes education by bringing the various partners in diabetes care together.
- Role of Educators outlines the valuable yet often overlooked role that educators and nutritionists can play in helping plan members put type 2 diabetes information into action. It also offers tips on how health plans and educators can work together to change behavior and improve patient outcomes.
- Role of Patients discusses the many benefits of being a proactive patient when it comes to disease management. This article also helps them to take to heart their role as lead player on their personal diabetes care team.